- 4 Kenchic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless.
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup spinach, chopped roughly
- black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for smearing
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- [4 Slices) Provalone cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 tbsp lemon rind, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade and grease 0 baking dish with some vegetable oil.
- To prepare stuffing: In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, spinach, spring onions, lemon rind and egg. To prepare topping: Mix the Lemon iuice, olive oil and black pepper.
- Set aside. To prepare chicken: Butterfly (slice open) each chicken breast, being careful not to slice completely through.
- Place one slice of Provalone on each open breast.
- Place some of the stuffing in each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken breast back together, gently pushing the cheese and stuffing inside.
- Place all 4 stuffed chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- Whisk topping to ensure well mixed and drizzle over the top of the chicken breasts evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes.