All wastes and emissions generated in Kenchic operations.
Waste & Emissions Policy
This policy outlines the procedures to be used in all Kenchic operations in handling and disposal of wastes and emissions. It reiterates the commitment by Kenchic to uphold good waste disposal and environmental protection practices throughout our production chain, with the aim of ensuring sustainable and environment-friendly production.
1. Responsibility of waste generator
All Kenchic sites that generate wastes must ensure that the waste is not dumped on non-designated sites, and it is their responsibility to ensure that such waste is collected and disposed of by a Licensed Operator.
2. Segregation of waste by generator
Every Kenchic site that generates wastes shall separate such wastes from production/processing operations, as per NEMA requirements.
3. Mode of transporting waste
Only licensed operators shall transport wastes.
4. Waste treatment
Waste treatment sites in Kenchic must be approved by NEMA.
5. Environmental audit
Every Kenchic waste treatment plant shall carry out annual environmental audit in line with NEMA regulations.
6. Environmental Impact Assessment
No Kenchic site shall carry out activities generating hazardous wastes without a valid Environmental Impact Assessment License issued by NEMA.
- Disposal of wastes shall be done as per the regulations and under approval of NEMA.
- Herbicides, medicines, pesticides and other toxic substances shall be disposed of in sites/plants approved by NEMA.