Nairobi Delicious Chicken Gizzards.
Vindaloo is an Indian curry dish popular in the region of Goa, the surrounding Konkan, and many other parts of India.
Serve With: Rice
Main Ingredient: Chicken
- Place the chicken gizzards, celery, onion, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon of celery salt into a saucepan, and pour in enough water to cover the gizzards by 1 inch.
- Bring the gizzards to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 30mins.
- Pour in more water during simmering, if needed, to keep gizzards covered.
- Remove the gizzards to a bowl, discard the celery and onion, and reserve the broth.
- Season the gizzards with ½ teaspoon of celery salt, the seasoned salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, and hot sauce, stirring to combine well.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the reserved broth over the seasoned gizzards, and refrigerate for 15 minutes or more, stirring often. (Save or freeze the remaining broth for another use, if desired.)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 190 degrees C. Place the flour in a plastic bag and pour in the gizzards with their seasoning.
- Shake the bag to thoroughly coat the gizzards with flour.
- Gently lower about 1/4 of the gizzards per batch into the hot oil, and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch. Drain the gizzards on paper towels, and serve hot.