Meaty, smoky and so juicy it just pops in your mouth. Boerie is a South African institution and everyone has their favorites
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pot and brown the boerewors. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Saute’ the onion in the same pot until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and sauté or about 1 minute.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes, stock and boerewors and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for another 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add a scoop of plain yoghurt.
- Serve warm/hot with rice