Fried chicken is a dish consisting of chicken pieces usually from chickens which have been floured or battered and then pan-fried, deep fried, or pressure fried.
- Cut the whole capons into 4 breasts, 4 thighs, 4 legs and 4 wings and set aside. Preheat your oil in a heavy pan or a deep-fryer.
- Using a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into another large bowl. Take your breasts, lightly dust them with your flour mixture, then dip them in the buttermilk and place them in the flour mixture, making sure that the chicken is thoroughly coated for it to be crunchy.
- Gently place the breasts in your hot oil. Repeat the same process with your other pieces of chicken. You should have 16 pieces of chicken in the oil.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oil and let it drain for 5 minutes. Let it cool before serving.
- Serve with an accompaniment of your choice.
- Directions for Homemade Buttermilk
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar into the bowl and stir to combine and let it set for 10 minutes.