Grilled Chicken Thighs Tandoori
Tandoori chicken moist, luscious, and delicious is typically deep red in colour and full of Indian spice and flavour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, salt, black pepper, garlic cloves, and ginger. Mix in ground garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander, and set aside.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal. Turn the bag over several times to distribute marinade.
- Place bag in a bowl, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct medium heat. Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. With paper towels, wipe off excess marinade.
- Spread olive oil on the chicken pieces and place chicken on the grill, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the chicken to receive indirect heat, and cook for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 82 degrees C.
- Serve warm/hot with rice.