White Bean Chicken Soup
An easy, comforting soup that adds zest to rainy afternoons.
Serve With: Rice
Main Ingredient: Chicken
- Heat 3 tbsps. sunflower oil until shimmering over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the chopped onion and celery, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Stir frequently until soft for 10 minutes. Add dried oregano and sesame seeds, cooking until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the potato wedges and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in the white beans adding the shredded chicken and cook until heated through and the potatoes are tender for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ½ cup chopped mixed herbs and a cup of fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.