Looking for something both unique and flavorful? This recipe is a sure hit with its blend of East African and Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Clean and dry the chicken pieces. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy, then add the chicken and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the chicken pieces in a glass baking dish cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the pieces over, cover again and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, remove the foil, turn the pieces one last time and broil the chicken under the grill for about 5 minutes for a nice color. For added flavor, you can smoke the cooked chicken by lighting a small coal, placing it on a piece of foil and putting it in the middle of the chicken dish.
- Drip some oil over the coal and when it begins smoking, cover the dish and allow the smoke to infuse into the chicken for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with your favorite combination of chips/ rice/mashed potatoes/naan, fresh salad and a dip of your choice.