Sticky Chicken Wings
Bring out your wok and whip up these delicious Asian style chicken wings that also work for a large serving.
Serve With: Chips
Main Ingredient: Chicken
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line 2 baking trays with aluminium foil; grease the foil with cooking oil. Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Add the vegetable oil; toss to coat. Place the flour and wings in a large, food-safe plastic bag. Hold the bag closed tightly, and shakes to coat the wings entirely with the flour; no wet spots should remain.
- Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheets evenly, making sure none of the pieces are touching one another.
- Turn all the wings, and return to the oven to cook until crispy and no longer pink in the centre, about 30 minutes more.
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Put about half the wings in a large mixing bowl. Pour about half the sauce over the wings.
- Toss the wings with tongs to coat evenly; transfer to a tray and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into the wings before serving.
- Repeat with remaining wings and sauce.
- Serve with Chips