Vindaloo is an Indian curry dish popular in the region of Goa, the surrounding Konkan, and many other parts of India.
Serve With: Rice
Main Ingredient: Chicken
- In a large pot, stir the turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cloves, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat until the spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil, onion, garlic, and ginger. Turn up the heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste until no lumps remain. Add the chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, chicken broth, wine vinegar, and the bay leaf to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, covering the pot and letting the curry simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is no longer pink in the centre
- Remove the cover and cook for an added 5 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve with a bed of fragrant Jasmine rice.